Last Week in City Quest

Hmm, I think it’s about time to start writing weekly progress reports. Seems like a good play, yes? I’m going to knock out the past two weeks tonight, but then I’ll try to keep up on a weekly basis!

Last week was lots of story/setup things, and lots of research for our upcoming Kickstarter project.

We did put together an image with many of the current characters that are in the game, so have a look!

City Quest Characters

We’ve also been trying to work out what we wanted to do for cursors. Our low resolution made a lot of options look pretty bad. In the end we went back to our sources and came up with this!

 

New Cursor

Since there’s been a lot of writing, I figured I’d toss out a shot of our current word/character count. This is minus all the database’s xml tags, and is mostly story/interaction text.

Words Words Words!

Imgur Album

We also gave a short talk this week at a local Unity meetup, and tossed out the slides for anyone who’s interested.

2D in Unity3D: The City Quest Solution!

That’ll be all for now, folks!